Monday, November 12, 2012

Magnavox MHL1600 Headphones

 These are my - go to - throw away - field headphones.

  I've purchased & still own two pairs of Sony MDR-7506 professional headphones; I've purchased at least four pairs of these MHL1600's & still own only a single pair. (Hmm... Maybe I have an extra set in the trunk of my car?  So I probably still own two pairs, excellent.)

 Audio quality compared to 7506? Complete muddled garbage. But it isn't a fair fight at all if you're comparing these on their sonic capabilities. So why have I purchased & used these?

 They're cheap; light weight; compact; & not ear buds.

 I've picked these up for (if my memory serves me) $5.99 at Target; they only weigh 2.0 oz; fold up small enough to take up minimal space in your gear bag, yet big enough that they're still easy to find.


 Lastly, they're not ear buds. I like ear buds when I want something for easy iPod listening, but when I'm on a shoot I find ear buds get in the way & over the head headphones are easier to manage.

 Overall, if you're looking for some quality headphones for professional audio monitoring - look for something else. If you want some cheap, throw away, headphones that are good for confidence audio monitoring, these are an excellent buy.

1 comment:

  1. I have a pair and they no longer produce sound. There are no busted wires or anything. They just stopped working after a little while. Do you happen to know an easy fix that does not involve soldering? If not, no worries. They are my favorite headset. Hate that they no longer work.

    ReplyDelete